- Screen Colours:
- Black & Yellow
RTU is a charity which supports and empowers the most marginalised and disadvantaged people,
especially children and their families, in rural South India.
Where possible support is offered within local communities. If this fails, their four Children’s Villages act as a safety net, providing care in a community setting with a foster mother, brothers and sisters. Children admitted have often lost one or both parents to diseases such as TB or HIV, to accidents, alcoholism, suicide or domestic violence.
The other main areas of work are:
- Basic needs: Housing, water and sanitation
- Providing opportunities for the future: Education
- Working towards self-sufficiency and gender equality
Here at St Andrew's Church we have supported RTU for many years, and we hold regular fund-raising events to support their work, particularly in the provision of housing.
- You can find out more from their website www.rtu.org.uk
- and read the latest newsletter RTU Happenings - February 2023 (pdf)